Friday, October 3

Crosby Tiles Competition

Recently I submitted this bathroom design into the Crosby Tiles 'Student' Competition. It was quite interesting to submit work and be prepared to be judged. My theme was "I Love New York"and I drew my colour inspiration from the New York yellow cabs. The whole bathroom is tiled in glittering black Murano Glass mosaics. I adore black bathrooms, there is something mysterious and glamorous about them. The feature wall has a Tuxedo colour theme over the bathtub and appears to flow into the bath and over the edge. I chose a fabulous chandelier from Beacon Lighting, the Pinnacle to sit over the bath. I like the idea of blurring the line between bathroom and bedroom. Behind the wall is the business side of the bathroom with his and hers vanity and double shower cubicle. The wall hung vanity provides a burst of colour and showcases the counter top vanity design from Laufen's Alessi range and amazing tap ware from Newform all available from Sea of White in Perth.
Alessi Counter Top Vanity, Laufen
Morpho Shower & Wall Mixer, Newform
Morpho Basin Mixer, Newform
The Pinnacle, Beacon Lighting

No comments: