Thursday, July 2

Florence Broadhurst

Cranes, Japanese Floral, Horse Stampede, Solar, Turnabout, Honeycombe Circle and Squares,
Florence Broadhurst, Her Secret & Extraordinary Lives book has been out for sometime now. And of course it is loved and reviewed on many many blogs. My copy has been read, loved, used as a reference and inspiration over and over again. I particularly like to have it open on a certain page which tends to reflect what sort of mood I'm in or perhaps what sort of mood I want to be in. The the last few weeks I have it opened on the pages 70 & 71 --- Horses Stampede. I also like to encourage everyone else in the house to leave the book open on a page that they love. Her designs are vivid, daring and challenging. I suppose the more these designs thrill you the more you realise how tired and restricted the minimalist look of the late 90's was. As we have seen Florence Broadhurst wallpaper designs have jumped from the wall to pillows, rugs, curtains, handbags and even coffee mugs. I loving it all! Currently on my wishlist is a set of Japanees Floral coffee mugs (red).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

if you like the wall paper, you have to check out the rugs...
http://www.florencerugs.com.au

LoL7o7 said...

Thanks for the link, yes absolutely love them. My fav is the grey tone circles and squares.